2. What types of cookies is this website using? Performance Cookies: Such cookies measure your behavior on our website. In order to find out which parts of our websites are interesting for our visitors, we collect data with respect to the use of our website. We track for example the number of visitors, the most visited pages, surfing behavior of the visitors or the duration of a visit of the website. This data is not used for any other purpose.
Marketing Cookies: We use marketing cookies for online advertising and (re-)targeting. This enables us to use identify target groups and assign the advertising content to them. We also use such cookies to track conversions.
4. Cookies on this campaign/promotion website New Relic: New Relic Inc.’s cookies enable us to measure and improve the speed of our website. The cookie used (JSESSIONID) expires at the end of the user’s session. For the cookies that New Relic installs you can find more information here: https://bit.ly/2A4W0Hr
Google Analytics: Google Inc. takes care of the installation of the cookies, the investigation and the analysis of the resulting information. For this analysis, information like the IP address is transmitted to Google. However, Google Analytics is designed in such a way as to keep the data anonymous. That means that your IP address will by anonymized and not combined with other data from Google (we used the code "anonymizeIp" in order to guarantee an anonymous recording of IP addresses). Google’s Privacy Statement gives you more information about it: https://bit.ly/2mWI5wa Storage times vary from 1 min. (_gid, _gat) up to 2 years (_ga) depending on the cookie.
For more technical information: https://bit.ly/1dm9wka To opt-out you can download and install the browser plug-in available at: https://bit.ly/1Kkk2Zy
Google Optimize: Google Optimize 360 (_gaexp) is one of our website A/B testing tools provided by Google, Inc. Google sets the above cookie to determine a user's inclusion in a website experiment. We perform these experiments to improve the performance and usability of our website. Expiration time depends on the length of the experiment but is typically 90 days. Click here on more information on Google Optimize cookies: https://bit.ly/33RLgIA
To opt-out you can download and install the browser plug-in: https://bit.ly/34ZzZao
Facebook Pixel: For marketing purposes, we use Facebook Custom Audience of Facebook Inc. With the Pixel, Facebook is able to recognize you when you visit its closed member area and delivers customized advertisements. This cookie enables us to deliver advertising to Facebook users which are also likely interested in the campaign. The Pixel is also used to measure/count the traffic on this side and thereby analyze the media performance of this campaign (so called conversion tracking). Facebook is only able to recognize you if you have an account and have logged in to the Facebook closed member area. In other cases, you will not be affected by this data processing. The maximum amount of time that you will stay in the Custom Audience from this website is 180 days. Facebook’s Privacy Statement gives you more information about it: https://bit.ly/1wYGJjt. If you wish to object to the use of the Facebook Custom Audience, you can do so at https://bit.ly/2HG5eNb/.
Social Media Plug-ins: Our thank-you pages that you will see after filling in the data also include buttons for social media networks that you can use to share. In order to increase the protection of your data when visiting our website and ensure that you retain full control, the used button provides direct contact between the respective social network and our website visitors only once you actively click on it. When you activate the button by giving consent, data – e.g. the IP address, browser information, URL of the current website – can be forwarded to the social media network.
Thank you for signing the petition. This petition is organized by Royal Far West, which is located at 19-21 South Steyne, Manly, 2095, hereafter referred to as ‘Royal Far West’.
This petition can be signed once per person. The result of the petition can be made public and presented to government bodies and other organisations. We hope with your help this petition can arrange adequate access to health services for every kid in Australia.
Royal Far West Privacy Statement
The privacy of clients, supporters, staff and affiliates is a top priority for Royal Far West. This Privacy Statement sets out our information handling procedures and the rights and obligations that you and we have in relation to your personal information. In the event of any inconsistency, legislative requirements will prevail.
1. Royal Far West In this Privacy Statement when we refer to “ROYAL FAR WEST”, “RFW”, “we”, “our” or “us”, we mean the ROYAL FAR WEST ABN 378 219 708 19.
ROYAL FAR WEST RFW is a non-government organisation that provides health, disability and accommodation services to children and families living in rural and remote Australia.
The management of personal information outlined in this statement and adhered to in our operations is regulated by various laws, standards and policies as outlined in Appendix 1.
3. What is personal and sensitive information? Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not that information or opinion is true or recorded in material form.
Sensitive information includes health information about an individual, and personal information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, membership of a union or a political, professional or trade association, sexual orientation or practices and criminal record.
Health information includes personal information collected to provide or in providing a health service and personal information about the health or disability of an individual, an individual’s expressed wishes about the future provisions of health services to the individual and a health service provided or to be provided to the individual.
Royal Far West regularly collects, holds, uses and discloses health information and is committed to protecting the privacy of this type of information to a higher degree than that of other personal information.
Your personal information
4. How we collect your personal information Royal Far West collects personal information from and on behalf of clients, supporters, business partners, suppliers, employers and third party service providers.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information directly from you. This may happen when you fill out application or referral forms, attend an assessment or participate in a service, become one of our contractors or volunteers or request assistance. This may occur over the phone, via email, a website, or through one of our partners.
In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from your representative (such as a legal guardian, your child’s school or pre-school), or any of the other organisations referred to below under “Use, transfer and sharing of your personal information” and identified in Appendix 2.
We may also collect information by other means and will take reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
5. Your sensitive information Your health information (including your gender, age range, presenting issue, history of presenting issues, psychosocial background, family history, medical history and lifestyle information), is generally required to arrange assessment of your needs so we are able to provide you with the appropriate level of support and intervention.
Where you provide health information to a third party (e.g. medical practitioner, or family member) to pass onto us as part of the support process, we rely on you having provided them with your consent to pass this information to us.
6. What personal information does Royal Far West collect We will only collect personal information where it is necessary for us to perform one or more of our functions or activities. We collect the personal information we need to provide the services described in section 1 above. In addition, we also collect your personal information to enable the provision of confidential and de-identified reporting in relation to organisational trends relating to the health and wellbeing services we provide.
The type of information Royal Far West collects and holds varies depending on the type of service we provide to you. For example, Royal Far West will hold different information about you if you are being provided Telecare services than if you are receiving Assessment and Diagnosis services through the Paediatric Developmental Program, or are a supporter providing a donation. This information may include information about a disability or medical condition that you have or health information in general.
If you contact us by telephone, these calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes.
For the type of personal and sensitive information Royal Far West generally holds please refer to Appendix 2.
7. Unsolicited information In the event we receive unsolicited personal information, we will determine whether or not we should retain this information. This will depend on whether it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. If we determine that the personal information is not necessary for one or more of our functions or activities and that we should not retain it, then we will, as soon as practicable, either return it to you or whomever sent it to us, destroy it or otherwise ensure it is de-identified, provided that it is lawful to do so.
8. How accurate is your personal information Royal Far West takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, relevant, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact the Royal Far West team on 02 8966 8500.
9. Protecting your personal information We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so that it is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. We store personal information in:
• Paper form on Royal Far West premises
• Electronic form, on both Royal Far West premises and Royal Far West data-centres, which are managed by our outsourced IT service providers.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the protection of personal information. Our security measures include, but are not limited to:
• Access to your personal data is limited to authorised personnel who have a legitimate need to know based on their job. In the case of third-party contractors or volunteers who process personal information on our behalf, similar requirements are imposed.
• Only allowing access where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements, such as a security and identification check on the commencement of a phone call.
• Confidentiality requirements for our employees, contractors, agents and suppliers.
• Secure Document storage.
• Training and education is provided to all staff in the handling of personal information.
• Security measures for systems access.
• Antivirus and anti-malware software, and regularly updated virus definitions.
• Third parties who we hire to provide services and have access to personal information agree to implement privacy and security practices that we deem adequate.
• Personal information provided on computer servers is secured in a restricted and controlled network environment.
• Employing firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
• Third-party contractors who process personal data on our behalf agree to provide reasonable physical safeguards.
• Effectively and securely destroying data no longer needed, for example, by shredding or pulping in the case of paper records.
• Our security procedures and policies are audited on a regular basis to ensure they are updated in accordance with current legal requirements and current levels of security technology.
While Royal Far West has security measures in place to protect your data, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Royal Far West cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or we transmit on your behalf, or to you, in the course of providing services over the internet.
10. Using Government Identifiers Royal Far West must adopt government identifiers when delivering specific services including the use of Statistical Linkage Keys (SLK). Further information about the SLK is available via Government websites including the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
11. If you are at risk of harm If you are contacting us or receiving assistance from us and you or someone else is at possible risk of harm, Royal Far West has an obligation to intervene and provide the appropriate level of escalation. This may take the form of liaising with a third party (e.g. medical practitioner, family member, third party organisation) or in certain situations contacting emergency services or external agencies for mandatory reporting.
Use, transfer and sharing of your personal information
12. How we use and disclose your personal information We use your personal information to provide you with the relevant support or services you have requested. A person’s sensitive or health information will only be used and disclosed to those individuals or entities (and their support staff) who are involved in their treatment, or for specific training and educational purposes. Such individuals and entities include those external to Royal Far West and commonly include local health service professionals such as GPs, paediatricians, speech pathologists and entities like the RFW School. We may also use or disclose your personal information for another purpose for which you may reasonably expect it to be used or disclosed by us and that secondary purpose is related or (if sensitive information) directly related to the purpose for which it was collected. Otherwise we will only use your information for a secondary purpose if you have consented to this use or disclosure, the use of disclosure is required by law or an enforcement body or to provide assistance in an emergency.
For a list of the types of uses of your personal information by Royal Far West please refer to Appendix 3.
13. Marketing our services We may contact you for fundraising or marketing purposes, unless you have explicitly opted out.
You can change your mind about receiving information about our services at any time, by contacting us or using the opt-out process on our offers or promotional communication.
If you do not wish to receive this information, or wish to know the source of the information, please contact the Royal Far West team on 02 8966 8500.
14. When we share your information with other parties We will only share (disclose) your personal information with third parties if it is required to fulfil our service obligations to you, or if it is required under law. Royal Far West will not disclose any personal information that we have collected from you (other than to the parties involved in providing our services to you), except in the situations set out below:
• In accordance with Section 11 above;
• If you, your parent or guardian, power of attorney or executor (as relevant) have provided informed consent; or
• In de-identified reporting as described in Section 6 above.
For a list of the types of entities Royal Far West generally discloses your personal information to please refer to Appendix 3.
Your privacy on the internet
15. Collection of other information Royal Far West may also collect non-personally identifiable information such as the type of browser, or operating system you use, your domain name, IP address, access times, referring website addresses and page views. Our Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) automatically identifies your computer by its IP address. When you visit pages on our website, our ISP may log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information only. A User Transaction ID is created each time you enter our website. This ID is used to keep track of your dealings with us, and other requests.
Our web pages may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable us to count users who have visited certain pages of our website. Web beacons and spotlight tags are not used by us to access your Personal Information, they are simply a tool we use to analyse which web pages customers view, in an aggregate number.
Dealing with Royal Far West
17. Gaining access to and correcting your personal information You can request access to your personal information. If charges are applicable for providing access we will disclose these charges to you prior to providing you with the information. In limited circumstances, a request for access may be denied, or restricted access given. We will provide reasons in writing for the denial of or limitation on access.
To arrange access please contact us (see the Contacting Us section). In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone.
We will correct personal information if we discover, or you are able to show that the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and Royal Far West disagrees that the information is incorrect, we will provide you with our reasons for taking that view and advise you on the further steps you may take.
18. Dealing with us anonymously or under pseudonym You can deal with us anonymously or you may use a pseudonym where it is lawful and practicable to do so. For example, you may enquire about our services or receive generic information about how we may be able to provide support services to you. The nature of the services we provide generally means that it is not possible for us to provide services to a person in an anonymous way or using a pseudonym. Anonymous donations can be accepted, but we may not be able to provide you with a tax deductible receipt.
19. Contacting us If you have any questions or concerns about our approach to privacy at Royal Far West, or complaints about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us at:
Royal Far West Pty Ltd
19-21 South Steyne, Many, 2095
Email: info@Royal Far West.com
Phone: 02 8966 8500